Note - UltimateDefrag Version 3 has been superseded by Version 4. This information is in place for users still using Version 3. For support on the latest Version 4, please click here, otherwise please use the links below.
Note: As of Version 3, we have implemented a new licensing system which deprecates the previous login and activation system. UltimateDefrag Version 3 is now purchased through our new store. For customers wishing to access their older license information, you can access that here. If you are a customer running the older version (2008 or version 1) and wish to upgrade to Version 3, we have imported your information into our new store. You will need to go through a password retrieval process. When you are logged in you will find "bonus points" which is a dollar value credit that you can use to apply to your order giving you 40% off your UltimateDefrag Version 3 license. If you find that you do not have the appropriate bonus points, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Version is: UltimateDefrag Version 188.8.131.52 (Release date: 25 April 2011)
UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS: If you are running previous versions, simply install the above version 184.108.40.206 and it will replace the previous installation. You do not need to uninstall previous version 3 builds. Your license information carries over from the previous version so you also do not need to reactivate.
1. Added accurate Time Estimate to defrag simulation. Now the defrag simulation will give you a time estimate of how long it will take to run the defrag with your settings. The UltimateDefrag engine counts all files moves and data transfer that would occur during the actual defrag. The accuracy of the estimate is excellent and most of the time estimates within 5% of the actual time taken.
2. Added Hard Drive Speed Test as a menu option. The result is used by the defrag simulation time estimate. Generally only needs to be run once but can be run any time on demand from the Tools menu.
Improvements: 1. Time elapsed (bottom status bar) persists when defrag is complete. Helps you to see how long the defrag took if you were away from the PC when the defrag was performed.
2. Boot Time Defrag Warning. The boot time defrag issues a warning and asks you to confirm that you have a backup of critical data.
3. Significantly improved "Changed files" monitoring module. Now will work much better in a situations where other programs create/modify files during defrag
4. Improved percentage completed calculation. Now it reports throughout single file defrag
5. Improved estimated time calculation.
6. Improved and further refined defrag algorithms.
7. Improved debugging support for tech support
Bug fixes: 1. High Performing File Sorting Fixed. Strict sorting by folder/filename was working in reverse. This is now working correctly.
2. Auto Mode not remembering respect layout being checked. If this option is checked it now remains checked for subsequent defrags.
3. Boot Time Defrag was occasionally running even though not selected to run. Random boot time defrags do not occur unless you explicitly choose for it to run on next reboot.
4. Correct status messages. "Cancelled", "Error" etc. For example before it was displaying "Defragmented" even if it would fail to defrag.
5. Fixed several bugs leading to crashes
6. Fixed installer so it creates the menu items for all users
UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS: If you are running previous versions, simply install the above version 220.127.116.11 and it will replace the previous installation. You do not need to uninstall previous version 3 builds. Your license information carries over from the previous version so you also do not need to reactivate.
TO UPGRADE FROM VERSION 2008 or VERSION 1: You will need to purchase an upgrade to Version 3. The upgrade price is $17.95 (40% discount). If you previously registered your previous versions an account will already be setup for you at our store. You will need to go through the password retrieval process to access your account at the new store setup. When you login you will find a credit which you can use towards your purchase. Should you not find a credit, you can e-mail email@example.com.
Issues Corrected And New Features In 18.104.22.168:
1. "Changed file handling" module significantly improved - now the defragmentation is more smooth if there is lot of other disk activity, and much faster when there are big files being constantly modified by other programs.
2. Added an option to shutdown the PC when defrag is finished
3. Fixed wrong calculation of MFT reserved zone size in boot time module.
4. Fixed boot time module skipping entire defrag process when only MFT reserved size is changed.
5. Program icon made 32 bit to fix jagged edges
6. In "Auto" mode, after defragmentation the status says "Analyzed" instead of "Defragmented" - fixed
7. The end cluster of a file and the start cluster of the next file are the same in cluster viewer - fixed
8. Defragmentation mode control fixed to close when clicked on the same mode.
Issues Corrected In 22.214.171.124:
1. Fixed error 103 that some users were experiencing with the boot time module
2. Disabled splash screen during scheduled jobs
3. Fixed problem where wildcards were not able to be deleted from HP and Archive file selection.
4. Fixed Ascending and Descending sorting modes that were saved incorrectly
5. Removed message relating to volume shadow copy
6. Fixed large fonts display problems - the GUI now displays correctly for higher font size DPI setting
7. Fixed causes of crashes that the occasional user was experiencing.
8. Fixed scheduled defrag that wasn't respecting Archive and HP
9. Fixed crash happening for FAT drives
10. Fixed Place Directories Next To MFT for Fragmented Files Only method
11. Fixed Elapsed Time formatting error when defrag time exceeded 1 hour.
All outstanding issues have been corrected in Build 126.96.36.199. If you are encountering an issue not addressed by build 188.8.131.52 corrections, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.